wintercherryxs ❝how about wintercherry for you,sir?❞   |   about  |   index   





misses
♥ Christabel Yap

Navigate at index for list of posts

A little love I had for you remains. Whatever it meant to be disappeared, should just go away. And now, all I wanted is actually his little attention to me. Just a small little attention will do, show me that i am important to you.



disclaimer
Layout made by tkh. Removing any credit is shunned upon. Please keep credits intact, only dummies would remove them. You aren't a dummy right?

  Cafe Hopping Review: Bricks 'N' Cubes
Located at The Cathay at Dhoby Ghaut, Bricks 'N' Cubes attracted me with the funky colours and the layout of the entire cafe. A truly amusing experience today indeed!

This is my first time writing a review - as well as my first experience of going to a cafe.

The choices of the drinks were pretty limited, considering that it was a cafe. I didn't had any lunch, so decided to order a basket of fries as well. (Chicken Nuggets and Fish fingers were pretty attracting, but I needed potato!)

My drink was Summer Peach and was told that it was a tea. Since my mother was a lover for flower teas, my expectation of the tea was pretty high, like up there. However, when the tea was served, the appearance was like... pretty disappointing. It did not look like summer or peachy at all, why the confusing name?

The taste was like peach tea, so I couldn't comprehend the logic behind the word 'Summer'. Was it really necessary to be there? (Someone need to enlighten me)



It just so happen that The Cathay was holding an event called 'J-Obsession' and I presume that the cafe is linked to the event in one way or another. It was packed with the cosplayers, and me and my friends did not really had the environment that we wanted to have the little chats we had. My friend ordered a red velvet cake and cafe mocha, and he mentioned that it was good.

Fries came with two dips, one garlic mayo and one nacho cheese. That was the only part that made me give the cafe a plus point.

Subsequently, I told my other friend that had not ordered anything to get me a Dark Mocha Chocolate Cake, and I was served with a candle on it (Early celebration as claimed by my friends since they can't make it to my twentohfirst birthday party). The cake was soft, but surprisingly, it wasn't too sweet for me. (Taking into consideration that I don't eat chocolate). However, the cake layer was a little moist as I continue eating. (Guess it's probably due to condensation as they took it out from the cooler?)


He ordered chicken nuggets and paid for it, but to be told that it run out. We changed to fish fingers and it was sold out as well (WHATT.) The waiter was very apologetic and told us to replace it with anything on their menu.

Eventually, we chose tiramisu, and I didn't like it as it was soft, and wasn't very appetising. My friend loved it though.


Rating given for Bricks 'N' Cubes will be 7/10.

Service will be 7/10, given that the cashier who served my friend did not mention of the out of stock chicken nuggets. They managed to get their service a little up there for the waiter who was apologetic and tried to be attentive to us at the end of the day.

Atmosphere will be given 7.5/10 as it was filled with cosplayers today so I did not really enjoy my time there though.

If you are nearby and trying to find a place to chill (provided you are not a picky person), you can try this out and make sure that there is not any jpop event if not it will be like what I experienced today.




Address: The Cathay, 2 Handy Road #02-12/14, Singapore, Singapore 229233
Contact: +65 6735 7571
Nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut MRT


Labels: ,



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk. Removing any credit is shunned upon. Please keep credits intact
wintercherryxs.blogspot.com by christabel yap